The Faculty Of Agriculture, which is in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, was established in 1953.It started as a Department of Agriculture and later as the School of Agriculture to provide a number of ad hoc courses in Agriculture for personnel of the then Ghana’s Ministry of Agriculture.
It also provided tuition in Rural Science for teachers of Agriculture. A four-year diploma programme in Tropical Agriculture was started in January 1958, but was upgraded to a three-year BSc degree programme in 1961.In1968, the three-year programme was replaced with a four-year programme.Diploma programmes in Horticulture and Agricultural Extension and Farm Management of two-year duration were also mounted alongside the degree programme. These Diploma programmes were discontinued in 1997. Diploma and Certificate programme in Forestry were also briefly offered in the Faculty during the 1970’s. read more >